Re: Is it ok to distribute xapian index with Upstream Source file?

>> I'm working on this ITP:
>> Is it ok to distribute xapian index with Upstream Source file?

>Please include some more information about your situation.
>Why is the xapian index needed at all?
dualword is a foreign language vocabulary trainer. There is original
index with words in
/usr/share/dualword/index and user can create a copy in
.dualword/index where user
statistics is stored.

>How long does it take to generate the xapian index?
>How large is the xapian index?
I've started this project a couple of month ago and index is quite small ~1mb

>Do we have the tools to build the xapian index in Debian? I know we
>have xapian in Debian but there may be some preprocessing tools needed
>for passing data to xapian.

>Are xapian indices architecture-specific or architecture-independent?
a quote from http://xapian.org/features:
"Platform independent data formats - you can build a database on one
machine and search it on another. "

>In general, generated files (like xapian indices) should be built at
>package build time or even at runtime depending on the situation.
It's the reason why I'm asking. I'll have to make some changes if it's
a requirement.

thanks,
Alex.