Re: Is it ok to distribute xapian index with Upstream Source file?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Alexander Busorguin wrote:

> I'm working on this ITP:
>
> Is it ok to distribute xapian index with Upstream Source file?

Please include some more information about your situation.

Why is the xapian index needed at all?

How long does it take to generate the xapian index?

How large is the xapian index?

Do we have the tools to build the xapian index in Debian? I know we
have xapian in Debian but there may be some preprocessing tools needed
for passing data to xapian.

Are xapian indices architecture-specific or architecture-independent?

In general, generated files (like xapian indices) should be built at
package build time or even at runtime depending on the situation.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise