Re: [RFS] python-xtermcolor

Hello,

I've fixed the issues you were talking about.

http://xdat27.ce.chalmers.se/~salvo/python-xtermcolor/python-
xtermcolor_1.2-1.dsc

(the link longer than 80 chars is the reason why i didn't include the path to
the dsc).

I hope now someone will be interested in sponsoring it. If you are wondering
why it is useful, this package accepts color in the format of an RGB integer
or in ANSI, doesn't make you write things like:
RED + "string"
or things like
print_red("string")

But more like:
colorize("String",fg,bg=bg)
where fg and bg are RGB integers.

Screenshot of what it looks like here:
http://xdat27.ce.chalmers.se/~salvo/python-xtermcolor/screenshot.png

> The watch file doesn't work:
I removed it. The debian wiki watchfile for github doesn't work and i was
using that.
Anyway i get notified by github.

> I'm pretty sure distribute_setup.py shouldn't be included in the binary
> packages.
Removed

> The README files are not very useful; I wouldn't install them into the
> binary packages.
Removed

> DEP-5 specification reads "There are many versions of the MIT license.
> Please use Expat instead, when it matches."
Changed to expat

> The license text should be indented with exactly one space.
Done

> I'd recommend you not to use a more restrictive license for debian/
> directory than upstream uses.
I like GPL

> lintian emits:
> I: python-xtermcolor source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field
> "section" in package python-xtermcolor I: python-xtermcolor source:
> duplicate-short-description python-xtermcolor python3-xtermcolor
fixed, now it complains about the missing watch

> debian/README.md doesn't seem to contain any useful information, so I
> would remove it.
Added some meaningful information.

> Current standards version in 3.9.4
Lintian says it's not.

> What is "SHELL=sh -e" for?
Removed

> On the other hand, there are tons of terminal emulators that do support
> color, but won't benefit from this package.
Please report/patch upstream.

> Oh, and to add insult to injury, VT100 support doesn't even
> work correctly:
Patched.

> Similarly, if you set TERM=xterm-256color (which is what is needed to
> get 256 color support in applications using terminfo), you won't get any
> colors.
Patched.

Bye

--