Bug#689941: RFS: fvwm/1:2.6.5.ds-1 [ITA]
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "fvwm". Per Bug #684395 and
decided to adopt this package, with permission from the maintainer
- The package was compilable using pbuilder on unstable.
- No lint error as far as I can tell.
- debian/copyright was converted to follow DEP-5.
- Only (user-noticeable) change was example config files were changed
from /usr/share/doc/fvwm to /usr/share/doc/fvwm/examples.
/usr/share/xsessions/Fvwm.desktop is now named fvwm.desktop
(everything else under /usr/share/xsessions/ seems to be lowercase)
- The build system was changed from handcrafted makefiles to debhelper
- According to Clause 5. (a) of
http://release.debian.org/wheezy/rc_policy.txt, I might be able to
request for an unblock from the release team. But since I'm relatively
new to Debian packaging, should I file a request for unblock from
release team first or should I find a sponsor first? I currently
marked the package as experimental and non-RC.
- From the discussion
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/10/msg00062.html, I was told
to keep my changes small. I prepared the package before the
discussion, though I'm willing to rip the above listed changes out
(debhelper, quilt, etc.) if need be. I merely want to ask for some
second opinions before I make the change.
* Package name : fvwm
Version : 1:2.6.5.ds-1
Upstream Author : FVWM Workers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://www.fvwm.org/
* License : GPL-2
Section : x11
It builds those binary packages:
fvwm - F(?) Virtual Window Manager
To access further information about this package, please visit the
Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fvwm/fvwm_2.6.5.ds-1.dsc
More information about fvwm can be obtained from http://www.fvwm.org/.
Changes since the last upload:
* New upstream release (Closes: #681255, #623194, #684395).
* New features:
- FvwmPager now wraps window names if SmallFont is set.
* Bug fixes:
- Made signals registered with FVWM unblocking.
- The "UnderMouse" option to PositionPlacement now honors the EWMH
working area by default, if it's in use.
- FvwmButtons handles the deleted window correctly for sub-windows.
* New features and bug fixes between 2.6.5 and 2.5.30 are listed in
* Reformat the copyright to follow DEP-5.
* Convert to quilt (3.0) format.
* Convert to building using debhelper.
* Example config files are now under /usr/share/doc/fvwm/examples/.
* Fixed broken sound file symlinks (Closes: #555452).
Vincent W. Chen