Re: Some questions related to signing

Le 24/04/12 04:25, Paul Wise a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Christopher Howard wrote:
>
>> * I make binary deb packages available for my projects from my Web site,
>> but I also wanted to make the deb source files available, so that people
>> can wrap their own binary debs for other architectures. I know that they
>> need the *.orig.tar.gz file, the *.dsc file, and the *.debian.tar.gz
>> file. However, what are the relevance of the *.changes files?
>
> The changes files are only used for making changes to an apt
> repository and most people running an apt repository aren't using
> anything that uses .changes to make changes to the repository. It is
> likely that the .changes file is irrelevant for your case.

If you use reprepro to manage a repository, you can use the .changes
files to include a new version of a package in your repository (but it's
not necessary). Within the Debian infrastructure, the .changes is used
to convey information about what a particular _upload_ changes (e.g.
closing bugs, also list of source and binary packages uploaded) thus the
.changes is related to an upload rather than the source package itself.

Regards, Thibaut.