Re: Modifications of the changelog.

Hi,

On Di, 24 Apr 2012, Ben Finney wrote:
> To say it more plainly: Modifying previous changelog entries, while not
> prohibited, does break an implicit user expectation. I think that
> expectation is reasonable to an extent, and breaking it is costly to the
> same extent.

But there are good reasons to do it at some point, like a new
upstream actually fixed some bugs, and it was realized only afterwards.
So I close the bug per email with a version header indicating the
version where it is fixed, and later I change the old changelog
entry
	* new upstream release (Closes: ....)
and add a few more bugs there.

I consider this reasonable, but in general, I agree it is better to
refrain from too wild rewritting of changelog entries.

Best wishes

Norbert
DUNCRAGGON (n.)
The name of Charles Bronson's retirement cottage.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff