Re: RFS: policyd-weight (10th try)

Hi,

Please do not top-post.

Le 16/02/2012 à 16:41, Werner Detter <werner@aloah-from-hell.de> écrivit :
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I've recreated a new version of my package policyd-weight (previous version
> > 	0.1.15.2-1 was already
> > uploaded to unstable. This version includes another bugfix, delivers the /etc/default/policyd-weight
> > and has some modifications within the init-script. Hence I'm looking for a sponsor for my package
> > "policyd-weight" :)
> >
> > * Package name    : policyd-weight
> > Version         : 0.1.15.2-2
> > Upstream Author : Robert Felber
> > * URL             : www.policyd-weight.org
> > * License         : GPL-2+
> > Section         : mail
> >
> > It builds those binary packages:
> >
> > policyd-weight - Perl policy daemon for the Postfix MTA
> >
> > To access further information about this package, please visit the following
> > http://mentors.debian.net/package/policyd-weight
> >
> > Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
> >
> > dget -x
> > 	http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/policyd-weight/policyd-weight_0.1.15.2-2.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.

The sponsoring game in Debian is a game of patience[1]. Sending an email
every two days telling you are waiting for an upload doesn't do much
more than annoy the very few people that are keen on sponsoring
packages.

Just be patient, and your turn will come. If your package isn't uploaded
in three or four weeks, then do send an other email to remind people.

Better yet, file a bug against the sponsorship-requests pseudo-package,
so that your request doesn't fall through the cracks. Documentation for
this is available at http://wiki.debian.org/Mentors/BTS.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

[1] For my first sponsored upload, I waited for ~2 months for a reply on
the list, and when the package was finally upload, it waited in NEW for
~6 months (during the squeeze freeze). Yet I'm still here enjoying
Debian and the sponsor now reviews the packages directly. Don't give up!