Re: [RFR] - PHP_Timer (Needed by phpunit)

Hi Thomas

It's been a few months since i wrote you asking for help with php-timer, well
finally i have time to send you a new package with all of your points fixed.

I will be happy if you (or someone else) could take a look at it. Thanks.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-timer/php-timer_1.0.2-1.dsc

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> On 10/17/2011 05:57 AM, Luis Uribe wrote:
>> Do you remember me? I'm the one trying to package phpunit and all of
>> it's dependences. The work has been stopped for a few months but now i
>> have time again and i want to finish it.
>>
>> Currently i made a [1] package for PHP_Timer
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/10/msg00093.html

> 1/ Please use the DEP5 format for your debian/copyright. You don't have
> to, but it's a way better with it IMHO. [0]

Done

> 2/ Please use php-pkg-tools, depend on it and on debhelper 8, and have
> your debian/control variables set to use it. I'm slowly converting all
> my PEAR packages to it myself. You can have a look into php-html-common
> which I maintain to see how to modify your debian/rules and
> debian/control to take advantage of pkg-php-tools. You don't have to use
> all of its features, but I would strongly recommend to use at least some
> of it (you don't have to use the dh 8 short style if it doesn't fit the
> type of package you are doing, but most of the time, it's best to do so.
> See php-image-barcode to see how to override dh_install and use pear to
> manually install stuff in a dh 8 short style makefile for PEAR packages).

Done. Also check point 6 for some overrides that i've add.

> 3/ Please also update your Maintainer field to "Debian PHP PEAR
> Maintainers <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>" (I mean, please use
> the PEAR maintainers and not just the PHP maintainers).

Done.

> 4/ Your long description is too short, please describe better what the
> package does. I'm sure you can do better! :)

Done.

> 5/ Are you sure you want to put your packaging work in a license more
> restrictive than upstream author? (it's allowed, but I wouldn't
> personally recommend it. If upstream uses a BSD license, what pushes you
> to use GPL-2?)

Done.

> 6/ Once installed, your package creates:
> /usr/share/php/PHP/Timer.php
> /usr/share/php/PHP/Timer/Autoload.php
>
> IMHO, it should rather install:
> /usr/share/php/Timer/Timer.php
> /usr/share/php/Timer/Timer/Autoload.php

Done, i change the dir's name in override_dh_install because i don't know (and
i don't think it's possible) how to represent a new dir in a patch. Let me know
if that approach is wrong.

I also add override_dh_auto_install because dh_auto_install
-O--buildsystem=phppear
didn't work when i build it on pbuilder. It seems to happen because php-timer
is a PEAR package from another channel, also i'd like to know what do you think
about it.

> 7/ Do you know why your package doesn't build in Squeeze? :)

Ehhm ... it is necessary? I always build it on sid.

> 8/ php-timer doesn't seem to be in Debian (SID or otherwise), so please
> clean your debian/changelog which should be only:
>
> php-timer (1.0.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>  * Initial release (Closes: #611767)

done

>  -- Luis Uribe <acme@eviled.org>  Thu, 06 Oct 2011 07:37:03 -0500
>
> That's it for the moment, please correct your package, reply to this
> email point by point, then I'll review your package again.
>
> [0] dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

Thanks.

--
Luis