Re: RFS: policyd-weight

Hi,

Since I might be interested in using this software, I had
a quick look to the packaging. I've noticed some issues
that are remaining. Ansgar, feel free to correct me if you
don't agree with my remarks!

* Please run lintian with the options -Ii -E --pedantic so it
will show you more issues (like spelling mistakes in the
man pages, etc.). I wont details them here, since Lintian
does it better than me! :)

* Your debian/copyright doesn't mention yourself, I think
you should add yourself in the Files: debian/*. The
debian/copyright is also badly formatted, and generally
speaking seems to be using a very old definition of the
DEP5 specifications. It'd be great if you could update that.

* The debian/init.d script doesn't use lsb-base for printing
messages. Please switch to it (and depend on lsb-base) and
replace the echoes. Also, the set -e should be (IMHO) set
earlier in the script. As a bonus point, use the default in
/lib/init/vars.sh with something like that:

. /lib/init/vars.sh
. /lib/lsb/init-functions

case "$1" in
  start)
        [ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && log_daemon_msg "Starting $DESC" "$NAME"

* debian/postinst does some checkings against version
0.1.14-beta-3, yet, version 0.1.14.17-5 is in ole-stable,
meaning that right now, you will always get the same
result. It'd be great, IMO, to fix this, and remove the
tests and all, since you already know the result of them.

By the way, since the package is already in Debian, I
think it would be fine to have it uploaded without the
above fixes, and fix that on the next upload.

I hope that helps,
Cheers,

Thomas