Re: RFS: uftp

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 20:16:17 -0800, Frank Maker wrote:

> >  - lintian gives a pedantic warning:
> >      P: uftp source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
> I made a lot of fixes and I don't see this error when I run lintian
> --pedantic uftp_3.6.1-1.dsc, I only see:
>
> W: uftp source: newer-standards-version 3.9.2 (current is 3.9.1)
> which is because my system doesn't have the latest debian-policy package

No, that's because your system has an outdated lintian version (which
still thinks that 3.9.1 is current); that also explains why you don't
get the warning about the DEP5 URL (the checks are rather new in
lintian).

(Side note: running lintian on the .changes files is recommended,
then you get check results for both the source and the binary
package(s).)

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key ID: 0x8649AA06
   `-    NP: The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again (Full Length)