Re: RFS: uftp

Hello Benoît,

Thanks for your help, I've uploaded a new package to  with the latest
uftp version here:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/uftp.

I've address your comments inline from before.

>  - lintian gives a pedantic warning:
>      P: uftp source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
I made a lot of fixes and I don't see this error when I run lintian
--pedantic uftp_3.6.1-1.dsc, I only see:

W: uftp source: newer-standards-version 3.9.2 (current is 3.9.1)
which is because my system doesn't have the latest debian-policy package

>  - The long description repeats the short description in
>    debian/control.

Altered the first line not to repeat the short description.

>  - In debian/rules, you exclude LICENSE.txt, but you explicitly listed
>    it in debian/docs (I also don't think Changes.txt should be there).
>    Also, why do you want to retain the Changes.txt name for the
>    changelog?

Removed Changes.txt from docs and rules, removed LICENSE.txt from docs

>  - What is the purpose of debian/status? It's almost identical to
>    uftpd.init, but neither of them is installed. I guess you meant to
>    call it uftp.init. You should also provide a uftp.default file with
>    default settings for the daemon.

Delete debian/status.
Renamed uftpd.init to uftp.
Added a uftp.default file which send logfile to /var/log instead of /tmp/

>  - Your watchfile doesn't work:
>      dpkg: warning: version 'wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2' has bad syntax: version number does not start with digit
>      Processing watchfile line for package uftp...
>      Newest version on remote site is wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2, local version is 3.5.1
>      dpkg: warning: version 'wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2' has bad syntax: version number does not start with digit
>      uftp: Newer version (wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2) available on remote site:
>        http://www.tcnj.edu/~bush/downloads/uftp-wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2.tar
>        (local version is 3.5.1)

Corrected to exclude wireshark, instead I just look for any two digit
version number with an optional third digit

>  - In debian/copyright, GPL-3 should be GPL-3+.

Changed to GPL-3+ with OpenSSL exception

>  - Your debian/changelog should document all your
>    debian/patches/*.patch.

I added entries describing each patch.

>   debian/patches/fix-bin-path.patch looks like
>    a DEP-3 patch, but is not really compliant. You might want to have
>    all your patches follow DEP-3.

I added to following to the top of that patch:

Hierarchy Standard
Forwarded: not-needed
Author: Frank Maker <frank.maker@gmail.com>

>  - Regarding the upstream Readme.txt, it might be worth patching out
>    the 'Building' and 'Running under Windows' sections.

Sounds fine, but can the manpage related entries for Windows stay? I think
that would be useful for users on networks with both types of systems.