Re: RFS: uftp

Hi Frank,

Frank Maker wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "uftp".
>
>  * Package name    : uftp
>    Version         : 3.5.1-1
>    Upstream Author : Dennis Bush
>  * URL             : http://www.tcnj.edu/~bush/uftp.html
>  * License         : GPLv3 with OpenSSL exception
>    Section         : net
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> uftp  - Encrypted multicast file transfer program

Just a few comments:

  - lintian gives a pedantic warning:
      P: uftp source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5

  - The long description repeats the short description in
    debian/control.

  - In debian/rules, you exclude LICENSE.txt, but you explicitly listed
    it in debian/docs (I also don't think Changes.txt should be there).
    Also, why do you want to retain the Changes.txt name for the
    changelog?

  - What is the purpose of debian/status? It's almost identical to
    uftpd.init, but neither of them is installed. I guess you meant to
    call it uftp.init. You should also provide a uftp.default file with
    default settings for the daemon.

  - Your watchfile doesn't work:
      dpkg: warning: version 'wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2' has bad syntax: version number does not start with digit
      Processing watchfile line for package uftp...
      Newest version on remote site is wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2, local version is 3.5.1
      dpkg: warning: version 'wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2' has bad syntax: version number does not start with digit
      uftp: Newer version (wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2) available on remote site:
        http://www.tcnj.edu/~bush/downloads/uftp-wireshark-plugin-src-0.0.2.tar
        (local version is 3.5.1)

  - In debian/copyright, GPL-3 should be GPL-3+.

  - Your debian/changelog should document all your
    debian/patches/*.patch. debian/patches/fix-bin-path.patch looks like
    a DEP-3 patch, but is not really compliant. You might want to have
    all your patches follow DEP-3.

  - Regarding the upstream Readme.txt, it might be worth patching out
    the 'Building' and 'Running under Windows' sections.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht