Re: RFS: conque

* harish badrinath <harishbadrinath@gmail.com>, 2011-09-18, 20:58:
 http://mentors.debian.net/package/conque

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/conque/conque_2.3-3.dsc

"Paragraph separators (empty lines) and lines consisting only of spaces and tabs are not allowed within field values or between fields. Empty lines in field values are usually escaped by representing them by a space followed by a dot."

Regarding debian/copyright:
- As implied above, the correct way of dealing with newlines in the license text is not to remove them (because that makes the text a single logical line), but to escape them. Also you removed even newlines between paragraphs... - You don't need to put information about copyright holders in the License field. This is what the Copyright field is for. - You could avoid repeating the whole license text multiple times by using an stand-alone license paragraph.

W: vim-conqueterm:
virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends depends:
vim-python
N:
N:    The package declares a depends on a virtual package without listing a
N:    real package as an alternative first.
N:
N:    If this package could ever be a build dependency, it should list a real
N:    package as the first alternative to any virtual package in its Depends.
N:    Otherwise, the build daemons will not be able to provide a consistent
N:    build environment.
N:
N:    If it will never be a build dependency, this isn't necessary, but you
N:    may want to consider doing so anyway if there is a real package
N:    providing that virtual package that most users will want to use.

Well, why didn't you follow the lintian advice of using a real package as the first alternative to the virtual package?

I see that you asked for a review at debian-l10n-english, but your long description isn't what Justin proposed. In fact, it still contains a reference to Powershell, to which I objected to previously.

Please use 2.3-1 as version number.

Python modules should by byte-compiled at installation time. Please see Debian Python Policy 3.1.1 for details.

--
Jakub Wilk