Re: RFS: libapache2-mod-socket-policy-server (an Apache2 module for serving Adobe socket policy files)

On 09/24/2011 06:18 AM, Ben Finney wrote:
You can use ‘pbuilder --build --twice’ to test this on your own machine.
Please install and learn the ‘pbuilder’ tool to have a good way of
performing many useful build tests.

Thomas Goirand pointed out the pbuilder tool to me, is quite helpful, and thank you for the tip about the --twice flag, I am now using that as the default for my local build script.

Please add a watch file.
The current recommendations tighten the regex for the version string, to
be sure not to match an empty string:
     version=3
     http://socketpolicyserver.com/downloads/libapache2-mod-socket-policy-server_(.+).orig.tar.gz

Done.

Maintainer: Debian Packaging Team <debian-packaging-team@socketpolicyserver.com>
Even if it is a team, please use the actual name of the team; “Debian
Packaging Team” is clearly not helpful to distinguish which team is
being referenced.

I re-read the Debian Policy Manual section 3.3 and I'm not sure how to make this any better, since:

  Debian Packaging Team <debian-packaging-team@socketpolicyserver.com>

Is accurate and unique globally, and:

  Debian Packaging Team

Is accurate and unique within the business.

--
Daniel Kauffman
Lead Developer