Re: RFS: libapache2-mod-socket-policy-server (an Apache2 module for serving Adobe socket policy files)

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> That's the worst issue of your package. Running dpkg-buildpackage
> twice in a raw fails with some "error: cannot represent change".
> This most of the time happens when the clean target is wrong.
> Please fix this.

You can use ‘pbuilder --build --twice’ to test this on your own machine.
Please install and learn the ‘pbuilder’ tool to have a good way of
performing many useful build tests.

> Please add a watch file. It would be quite easy to write, since
> you are using Apache directory listing. Something like this
> will do the trick:
>
> version=3
> http://socketpolicyserver.com/downloads/libapache2-mod-socket-policy-server_(.*).orig.tar.gz

The current recommendations tighten the regex for the version string, to
be sure not to match an empty string:

    version=3
    http://socketpolicyserver.com/downloads/libapache2-mod-socket-policy-server_(.+).orig.tar.gz

> Are you sure that this is accurate:
> Maintainer: Debian Packaging Team
> <debian-packaging-team@socketpolicyserver.com>
>
> And don't you think that just:
> Daniel Kauffman <debian-packaging-team@socketpolicyserver.com>
>
> wouldn't be better?

Even if it is a team, please use the actual name of the team; “Debian
Packaging Team” is clearly not helpful to distinguish which team is
being referenced.

--
 \       “Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right |
  `\   there, in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to |