Re: RFS: Sitplus -- Free software framework for ludic-therapeutic activities

Hi, Andreas. Sorry for taking so long to answer you.

2011/8/10 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
> I did discussed at Debian Med mailing list and besides other mails (also
> in PM) this one[1] expresses the same strong agreement as I do.  As you
> might possibly know the Debian Med project as one of the Blends inside
> Debian maintains some so called tasks which are kind of categorising the
> applications.  The tasks page[2] provides an overview about current
> categories we are maintaining.
>
> Your package is somehow "end user" oriented (not for practicioners or
> researchers) and the only task which is currently featuring such things
> is "tools" (which is some kind of "something else" currently).  I'm not
> perfectly comfortable by putting Sitplus into this category.  While Eric
> in his posting[1] suggested a new category "accessibility" I'm not
> really sure that this is not missleading because in terms of computer
> usage we are trying to make programs more accessible for people with
> some handicap when using the term "accessibility".  I personally would
> rather tend to a category "therapy" which might fit better into the
> medical context and also might find some other applications which fit in
> later.
>
> What's your opinion about such a categorisation out of the options
> {tools, accessibility, therapy}.  Finally as the packager we would
> defintely consider your vote as expert.

Well, I think Sitplus is more a therapeutic tool than an computer aid
for people with disability needs. So, I vote for a "therapy" task :)

> So you might like to read the team policy[3] which in your case
> boils down to something like:
>
>  1. Subscribe to the Debian-Med alioth project (or tell me
>     your Alioth login - I did not found your name in the list
>     of Alioth users) - this enables commit permission to the
>     VCSes we use in Debian Med

I've just registered and made a joining request to the project. My
login in luinix-guest.

>  2. Decide either for Git or SVN and commit your packaging
>     stuff for Sitplus

I'm already using GitHub for the code. You can check it at [1]. Of
course, I have no problem at all with moving it to Alioth.

>     sponsoring.
>     Subscribing this list makes sense regarding the maintenance
>     of the package itself as well as possibly getting some
>     other packages which you might be interested in.

I've just subscribed to debian-med@list.debian.org. I'll re-send my
original RFS message to that list.

Please let me know if you need something else.

Best regards!

[1] https://github.com/luinix/sitplus-debian

--
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a
horrible warning" -- Catherine Aird