Re: RFS: wizznic

El Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:46:06 +0930
Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> escribió:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 03:02:37 +0200
> Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 11:10:19PM +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
> > > Hi Edgar,

> > > [...]
>
> FTR, there was some talk about the package in #debian-mentors the
> other day, so i expect this package is evolving :)

> > > Without any further review - this will need to be repackaged as
> > > DFSG-free for an upload. It cannot be uploaded in this shape.
> > > Sorry.
> >
> > Why?  Both of these files are DFSG free, merely just a waste of
> > space. You're of course not allowed to use prebuilt binaries, but
> > they're not otherwise harmful.
> >
> > There is source for them and you can build them using nothing but
> > software included in Debian main -- that's all that counts.
> >
> > They take 0.6% of the source tarball, so the waste isn't that big
> > either.
>
> There is 5mb of .o, .dll and .exe files in the tarball. Out of 55mb of
> tarball thats not 0.6%.
> thanks,
> kk

I think that Adam was refering to the .orig.tar.b6.7.8.2. Repackaged
upstream sourcez2(41mb) vs the dfsg.orig.tar.bz(39mb) which is
2mb(5%) less.

I had a question about it, the dll's files and the exe file are used by
the upstream to build the MS Windows binary and the Developers
reference(6.7.8.2. Repackaged upstream source) said "it is not a
sufficient reason for omitting a file that it is used only when
building on MS-DOS" so is needed a repackage? I have also tried to
persuade the author to delete these files without success.

There are also some .o files since this is a preview, and the upstream
already said me that the release will be more clean.

--
 .''`.  Tony Palma.
: :' :  PGP/GPG Key ID: 258FFB1A