Re: RFS: wizznic

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 11:10:19PM +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi Edgar,
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 03:44:01PM -0500, Edgar Antonio Palma de la Cruz wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "wizznic".
> [...]
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> > It has 2 type of --pedantic notice:
> > P: wizznic source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
> > P: wizznic source: source-contains-prebuilt-binary
> > I'm already contact the upstream for this issues, and he said that a next
> > release would be more cleaner, because this is a preview version.
>
> Without any further review - this will need to be repackaged as DFSG-free
> for an upload. It cannot be uploaded in this shape. Sorry.

Why?  Both of these files are DFSG free, merely just a waste of space.
You're of course not allowed to use prebuilt binaries, but they're not
otherwise harmful.

There is source for them and you can build them using nothing but software
included in Debian main -- that's all that counts.

They take 0.6% of the source tarball, so the waste isn't that big either.

--
1KB		// Yo momma uses IPv4!