Re: RFS: xul-ext-zotero (2nd try)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "xul-ext-zotero", an extension for
Iceweasel.

This is the second package attempt, after addressing all the issues raised by
Kilian Krause ( http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/07/msg00051.html
).

* Package name    : xul-ext-zotero
  Version         : 2.1.8-1
  Upstream Author : Center for History and New Media, George Mason University
<chnm@gmu.edu>
* URL             : http://www.zotero.org/
* License         : Affero GPLv3
  Section         : web

It builds these binary packages:
xul-ext-zotero - Iceweasel extension to collect, organize, cite, and share
your research sources

The upload would fix these bugs: 633808

This package is NOT closing bug #504058, as it provides only Zotero the
Iceweasel extension. Bug #504058 was originally opened 3 years ago as a
request to package the Iceweasel extension. Last January, Benjamin Mako Hill
set the bug to ITP and expressed his intent to package Zotero Standalone (a
different version of the same project) when it reaches beta status (it is
currently in alpha). I have sent 2 emails to Mako, in order to coordinate this
effort, but did not get a response in the past 10 days. Thus I have opened ITP
bug #633808, in order to leave #504058 untouched.

My motivation for maintaining this package is:

Zotero is IMHO the best citation manager out there, a powerful research tool
that I (and thousands of other people) use on a regular basis, and its latest
version should always be in the Debian repositories.

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xul-ext-zotero/xul-ext-
zotero_2.1.8-1.dsc