Re: RFS: xul-ext-zotero

Hi Theodore,

On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 00:45 +0300, Theodore Lytras wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "xul-ext-zotero", an extension for
> Iceweasel.
>
> * Package name    : xul-ext-zotero
>   Version         : 2.1.8-1
>   Upstream Author : Center for History and New Media, George Mason University
> <chnm@gmu.edu>
> * URL             : http://www.zotero.org/
> * License         : Affero GPLv3
>   Section         : web
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> xul-ext-zotero - Collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources

> The upload would fix these bugs: 504058
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is:
>
> Zotero is IMHO the best citation manager out there, a powerful research tool
> that I (and thousands of other people) use on a regular basis, and its latest
> version should always be in the Debian repositories.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xul-ext-zotero/xul-ext-
> zotero_2.1.8-1.dsc

Thanks for stepping up as maintainer for a new Debian package.

1. Your debian/changelog has a non-standard syntax (that might work
though). Please put closes with initial release either in () or onto the
second line without leading asterisk.

2. Debhelper compat is still at 7. Please bump to 8 as is correctly
pulled in Build-Depends.

3. CDBS is no longer preferred. Please use dpkg v3 source style and
debhelper 7 dh-style for debian/rules

4. Your short description lacks the information that this is a
firefox/iceweasel extension

5. debian/copyright is not DEP-5 format. Please update.

6. debian/README and debian/README.source can be deleted

7. Most importantly I don't see a single bit of info that you
coordinated this with "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako@debian.org> who set the
bug to ITP this January. From what I see your name doesn't appear in the
BTS at all for this bug. How come yuo now step up as new maintainer and
Benjamin isn't even listed as Uploader?

Thanks for clarifying.

--
Best regards,