Re: RFS: Jampal (2nd try)

On 2011-07-10 16:45, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Hi Benoît

Hi

> I am about to release a new version of jampal, and I have addressed most
> of these issues (see below) in my latest debian build. However I still
> have a couple of questions.
> I am using wheezy/sid x86_64
> This is the lintian report
> lintian -I --pedantic *.dsc
> P: jampal source: unneeded-build-dep-on-quilt
>
> I still have the quilt in there in case I need to apply some patches. Is
> this OK or should I remove the dependency?
>
> [...]

I believe that the following should answer your question:
 $ lintian-info -t unneeded-build-dep-on-quilt
[...]
N: This package build-depends on quilt, which is not required since
N: dpkg-source will apply patches at unpack time for 3.0 (quilt) source
N: packages.
[...]
N: [...] If you keep the build-depends on quilt to ease backporting
N: to older releases, then please ignore/override this tag.
[...]

~Niels