Re: Stripping non-free/unnecessary files out of orig.tar.gz

On 06/12/11 19:13, Anton Martchukov wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> In my package (opencpn) there are couple of binary files
> without source code/with unfree license that is required
> only for OS X and Windows builds (those are some dlls and
> redistributable files).
>
> Upstream does like to keep them in original tarball and in
> the git version control system and I obviously get lintian
> warning about them.
>
> What is the proper way to handle this?

Not sure if this is in any direction the proper way, but maybe it helps
to tell the source generation to ignore those files in
debian/source/options:
extend-diff-ignore = "(*.bat|*.exe)$"

Paul

BTW: I think your new tar.gz name should reflect that you created a NEW
upstream release tar ball.