Re: How to make a meta package unremovable?

Hi,

On 2011-06-13 12:56, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> With my APT hat on i can tell you that APT (and friends) currently have no
> option to forbid the removal of packages without other side-effects.

Please refrain from uncondionally stating something about "friends"'
functionality. Libcupt actually has the possibility to prevent the
removal of any package without any other side-effects, though it is not
available from the console front-end.

I don't think this will help the topic starter, but I don't want to see
false statements unanswered.

> What could be done is tweaking resolver scoring points, but honestly:
> that is black-magic [...] it has side-effects for other packages with this priority [...]

For completeness, the points above are also applicable not for all
"friends".

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer