Re: RFS: brainparty

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Johannes Storm wrote:

> i am not the upstream author. i was unsure with the licenses, because in
> brainparty-data are some sound-files under Creative Common (see
> copyright-file). perhabs someone can say me if CC is also a free license
> and i can take the stuff to main/games.

Some CC licenses are DFSG-free and some are not.

Looking at the CREDITS file, CC-BY-ND is non-free and so is soundsnap's license.

There is only one audio file with a DFSG-free license
(electricity.ogg) and I doubt that a compressed audio file is the
preferred form for modification of it, the authors website mentions
"many software synthesizers" but does not offer any downloads of the
relevant settings for them:

http://www.alexanderblu.com/AlexanderBlu/The%20Music/Music_Electricity.htm

Along the same lines, the package includes a copy of the FreeSans
font, which is GPLv3 but does not include the source code for it. This
is a GPL violation, please get upstream to fix it.

Also, lots of the images include text, some of which is definitely not
FreeSans or similar. Please talk to upstream about rendering the text
at runtime or build time.

The package should be moved to non-free unless the above changes.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise