Re: RFS: brainparty

On 2011-06-07 09:03 +0200, Johannes Storm wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 07.06.2011, 11:02 +0800 schrieb Paul Wise:
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 1:17 AM, Johannes Storm <jo-master@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "brainparty".
>> >  Section         : contrib/x11
>>
>> That should be contrib/games.
>
> i will change it.
>

>> Why is it in contrib? Seems like you are the author so you could make
>> everything freely licensed. None of the dependencies look non-free
>> either.
>
> i am not the upstream author. i was unsure with the licenses, because in
> brainparty-data are some sound-files under Creative Common (see
> copyright-file). perhabs someone can say me if CC is also a free license
> and i can take the stuff to main/games.

CC-BY-SA 3.0 is a free license AFAIK, but CC-BY-ND 3.0 clearly is not.
And the license for the Soundsnap files

    Soundsnap's licence allows all use, commercial and non-commercial, as long as you
    do not "Resell or distribute the sounds 'as they are'. For example, you cannot download
    and sell them as part of a CD library."

does not seem to allow distribution at all.

Cheers,
       Sven