Re: Workflow with debian/ in VCS

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > So I don't see why you think ‘debian/’ needs to keep being copied
> > around under this model. I never do that manually.
>
> I believe that dquilt needs the current upstream source *and* the
> debian/ directory in the same directory. So I need to copy one of
> them.

Okay, that's a constraint I don't think you mentioned in earlier
descriptions.

I don't use dquilt; if I need to make changes to upstream, I use a
Bazaar branch of the upstream code and generate patches using the diff
command from the VCS.

--
 \        “Sane people have an appropriate perspective on the relative |
  `\     importance of foodstuffs and human beings. Crazy people can't |