Re: RFS: mactelnet

On 2 May 2011 17:32, Andrew O. Shadoura <bugzilla@tut.by> wrote:
> My opinion is that the description is a bit messy. You don't 'accept
> connections via MAC addresses', basically. And you can't literally have
> 'UDP packets with a MAC-address as destination', as far as my knowledge
> of TCP/IP stack suggests.
>
> I would call these packages this way:

Thanks for the input, I have used a lot of your text, and changed it
to the following.
If anyone care to comment, please do!

Package: mactelnet-client
Architecture: linux-any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
 This package provides the utilities macping, mndp and mactelnet for
 connecting to Mikrotik RouterOS devices, or other mactelnet-server
 powered machines/devices.
 .
 These tools can communicate with servers using Mikrotik proprietary MAC
 Telnet protocol. You can connect to Linux machines that
 have installed mactelnet-server, or Mikrotik RouterOS devices.
 .
 These tools have nothing to do with Telnet protocol specified by RFC
 854 and 855.

Package: mactelnet-server
Architecture: linux-any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
Telnet protocol
 This package provides a terminal server that accepts client connections
 via the Mikrotik MAC-Telnet protocol.
 .
 It uses Mikrotik MNDP protocol to announce it's availability on the network
 for other mactelnet-clients or RouterOS devices.
 .
 This package has nothing to do with Telnet protocol specified by RFC
 854 and 855.

--
Håkon Nessjøen