Re: RFS: opencpn

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 11:37:16AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> A new review:
>
> There are bound to be more things to fix, I'll do another one when the
> issues below are resolved.
[snip]

> "cross-platform" isn't relevant in the context of Debian package descriptions.

Hmm, it's very, very rare that I find myself disagreeing with Paul
Wise[0], but I think that the cross-platformness of a package /
library / toolset might actually be relevant if one looks at Debian not
merely as an OS, and not even as a wonderful software repository to go
with that OS, but also as a just as wonderful software repository for
pieces that one may pick, choose and use in all sorts of projects -
including some projects that might (for a multitude of various reasons)
have to be deployed on other OS's.  Sometimes during the initial
architectural and technical design of a project it might be useful to
know what tools are available and which of them might also be available
in a broader target base.

Of course, ICBW - as I often am :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net roam@FreeBSD.org peter@packetscale.com
What would this sentence be like if it weren't self-referential?