Re: RFS: nuvolaplayer -- cloud music integration for Linux desktop

2011/12/31 Jiří Janoušek <janousek.jiri@gmail.com>:

> To access further information about this package, please visit the following UR$
>  dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nuvolaplayer/nuvolaplaye$

Your MUA seems to be broken, it is truncating long lines instead of
wrapping them.

I don't intend to sponsor this but here is a quick review:

Please use DEP-3 headers for the patches:

http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

Ugh waf. waf has been removed from Debian because it is so horrible,
you might want to get upstream to switch to something else.

http://lists.debian.org/20100227195857.07540195@utumno

Please send the patches and manual page upstream.

get-orig-source is not needed when there is a watch file present.

The extra blank line in debian/watch isn't needed.

One file seems to be missing source code (Inkscape SVG):

data/nuvolaplayer/selector/arrow.png

One file seems to be missing source code (GIMP XCF):

graphics/current/nuvolaplayer.png

This file contains pre-rendered text. I wonder which font was used and
if that font is in Debian and is DFSG-free. If it is the Ubuntu font,
IIRC that is not able to enter Debian main yet. It would be best to
create this image at build time from the source SVG image, which seems
to be missing.

graphics/current/nuvola-playe.full-logo.png

I would strongly recommend all the graphics be built from source SVG
at build time instead of shipped in the package.  You can use rsvg,
inkscape or batik to create the PNG files, rsvg is probably the best
one to use. At the very least there should be a way to rebuild them
when they are removed. This will ensure they can be built on Debian.
For the SVG files installed to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/
I would suggest running scour over them to reduce their size.

Why does the vapi/ dir contain gee-1.0.vapi? Shouldn't it be deleted
and the one in libgee-dev be used instead?

Wow, vala generates C code that GCC really doesn't like.

Lots of dpkg-shlibdeps warnings.

The package fails to build when built twice in a row,
man/nuvolaplayer.1 needs to be removed on debian/rules clean (just add
a debian/clean file).

There are some duplicate files:

graphics/old/scalable/apps/googlemusicframe.png
graphics/old/256x256/apps/googlemusicframe.png

data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/nuvolaplayer.png
graphics/current/nuvola-player-48.png

data/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/nuvolaplayer.svg
graphics/current/nuvola-player.orig.svg

data/nuvolaplayer/services/googlemusic/description.html
data/nuvolaplayer/services/googlemusic/description.txt

debian/copyright misses copyright/license information for waf, the translations

If you are contacting upstream, please show them this document:

http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

--
bye,
pabs