Re: RFS: parcellite 1.0.2~rc5-1 (updated package)

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com> writes:
>> Sigh... Any one feel giving me a Christmas present? Still builds in a
>> clean sid chroot, still is lintian clean, and still fixes a bug
>> reported by a Debian user.
>
> The upstream tarball contains a lot of generated files (Makefile, *.o, a
> complete installation in debian/parcellite/, executable, ...).  Is
> upstream aware that a "dist-gzip" ("dist-bzip2", "dist-xz") target
> exists?
>
> Having generated files makes the diff much larger so I did not review
> the other changes so far.

The last few releases have had a number of issues that I've had to
work around regarding the upstream tarball being messy. Attached is a
filtered debdiff that should hopefully make this easier to review. I
suppose I could repack the source, and drop my work-a-rounds in the
packaging if a potential sponsor wanted.

> Also upstream now has its own debian/ directory.  If they want to
> distribute packages on their own, they should probably base their work
> on your current package (which is much better than what upstream has
> right now).

I'm not sure why he's chosen to do this. He is aware of my efforts
(we've corresponded). Luckily v3 source packages nuke the upstream
debian directory.

Thanks for the comments!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>