Re: RFS: php-xml-beautifier

On 12/15/2011 07:44 AM, Mathias Ertl wrote:
> [...] I am still looking for a
> sponsor of the package. For easy reference, here is the git-repo:
> 	https://git.fsinf.at/apt/php-xml-beautifier
> ... here is the package on mentors:
> 	http://mentors.debian.net/package/php-xml-beautifier
> and you can check it out with this command:
> 	dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-xml-
> beautifier/php-xml-beautifier_1.2.2-1.dsc
>
> greetings, Mati

Hi Mati,

I'll go ahead and sponsor the upload of php-xml-beautifier if you
correct what's below.

1/ pkg-php-tools and missing php-xml-util depends

It's good you've switched to pkg-php-tools, but you've missed something
important:
Depends: ${phppear:Debian-Depends}

Because of this, you've missed the Depends: php-xml-util which is found
automatically by pkg-php-tools if you put the above substitution
variable. I know that as a fact, because I tried myself! :)

2/ debian/copyright

The copyright notice for GPL-3+ is missing important bits that, unless
I'm mistaking, should be there. Other packages I've seen carrying the
GPL3 have a "no warranty disclaimer" and the address of the FSF. I
believe it should be in your debian/copyright too.

The rest of the packaging, to me seems into shape for an upload in SID,
but the above 2 things are blockers.

3/ Using Git for packaging

It'd be great if you were using git-buildpackage and storing your
packaging into Git. A majority of PEAR packages are using it, and most
are stored in /git/pkg-php. Would you care for joining the Alioth group
and maintain this way? (it's not mandatory to team maintain, but I
really recommend it)

Thomas Goirand (zigo)