Re: RFS: qastools

Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2011-12-13, Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org> wrote:
> > So? It's difficult for me to get your point when you're asking questions
> > without making any statement. I'd be grateful if you could clarify.
>
> Depending on the answers, my statements would be different. In general,
> I see to 'primary' reasons for a package split in a package with kind of
> related utilities:
>
> 1) Some of the utilities are real big
> 2) Some of the utilities has real big dependencies
>
> Each package split does also come with a overhead.
>
> And I think based on your answer, the qastools splitting doesn't fully
> make sense.

Except in this case they are already split (qasconfig and qasmixer are
already in Debian); so what we're talking about is whether it makes
sense to put them together now.

Looking at popcon for qasconfig and qasmixer, it seems that a fair
amount of users only have one of the packages installed (83 vs. 128
users, respectively), so in my view it's a good idea to keep them
separated, so that the users who chose not to install both packages
still have that possibility.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht