Re: RFS: dvbackup

Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> > I see... Well, the proper solution would be to separate both packages;
> > right now, the .orig.tar.bz2 file is not at all an upstream archive
> > (it's not even the concatenation of both upstream archives), so of
> > course it makes it impossible to comply with the policy.
>
> Yes, orig.tar is such a mess... :(
>
> > It seems like a lot of work for a package that is no longer maintained
> > upstream, but I don't see another way of being policy-compliant.
>
> True. I don't know why am I doing this but I separated this package into
> two as it should be.
>
> Please find
>
>   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rsbep/rsbep_0.0.5-1.dsc

Trying to build rsbep, I get:

  dh clean
     dh_testdir
     debian/rules override_dh_auto_clean
  make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ben/dev/git/debian/rsbep'
  rm -f  debian/rsbep.1 dvr rsbep rsbepC
  dh_auto_clean
  make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ben/dev/git/debian/rsbep'
  rm *.o
  rm rsbep
  rm: cannot remove `rsbep': No such file or directory
  make[2]: *** [clean] Error 1
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ben/dev/git/debian/rsbep'
  dh_auto_clean: make -j1 clean returned exit code 2
  make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_clean] Error 29
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ben/dev/git/debian/rsbep'
  make: *** [clean] Error 2
  debuild: fatal error at line 1330:
  couldn't exec fakeroot debian/rules:
  gbp:error: debuild -d clean returned 2
  gbp:error: Couldn't run 'debuild -d clean'

--
Benoît Knecht