Re: RFS: dvbackup

Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> Thank you, well spotted.
>
> On 27/11/11 00:53, Benoît Knecht wrote:
> > Your debian/control file is invalid (see debian policy 5.6.23 [1]), and
> > you left over some text at the end of the description.
> >
> > [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Homepage
> >

> I removed leftovers (re-uploaded) but regarding malformed Homepage field
> I'm aware of it.
>
> The problem is that there are two pages, not one.
>
> Originally home pages was in description, but Arno advised to move 'em
> to the designated field.
> I believe it could be done by mistake but package maintainer combined
> two upstreams into one package.
>
> I'm not sure what would be the best way to correctly mention two home
> pages in debian/control while complying with all policy requirements.

I see... Well, the proper solution would be to separate both packages;
right now, the .orig.tar.bz2 file is not at all an upstream archive
(it's not even the concatenation of both upstream archives), so of
course it makes it impossible to comply with the policy.

It seems like a lot of work for a package that is no longer maintained
upstream, but I don't see another way of being policy-compliant.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht