Re: RFS: flex-sdk-4.5

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 04:49, Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@elpauer.org> wrote:
> I see what you mean, but my intent was to get flex-sdk into non-free or
> contrib first.  When that's finalized, we can undertake the (rather large)
> task of getting the SDK built from source, after which point it can be moved
> into main.  In my opinion, there's no point in splitting it up right now,
> since none of it can currently be built from source.
>
> If, after the SDK is built from source, there are still small pieces of it
> that can't be built from source, then a flex-sdk-nonfree would make sense,
> in my opinion.

Given that Adobe is donating Flex SDK to Apache, I'd expect all the
licensing and build issues to be cleared very soon

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/407714/adobe_donates_flex_apache

Sorry it took so long to respond.  I just started a new job, and my time is a bit tighter now.

Well, now I _really_ don't see the point in investing a lot of effort in fighting the Adobe build system.  So my opinion is that we should either put the flex-sdk package as is into non-free or contrib, or just wait until Apache reorganizes it into something friendlier.

--Joey