Re: RFS: flex-sdk-4.5
- To: Pau Garcia i Quiles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: RFS: flex-sdk-4.5
- From: Joey Parrish <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:36:06 -0800
- Message-id: <CAD0GTaUioNP+yheuzWasao-57yexzpX-03fHo1rWRkqHiDht=Q@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAKcBokuAtO5kzZCP0fmEKCkOrx5ce06PL=74bX7My3kVJxFnKA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAD0GTaVkf9pLpkA0HrDDALJ14XF4-im6zppeZPt9MguYSHdHQA@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.2.02.1110130706140.11567@jaldhar-laptop> <CAD0GTaVQK5FRW3c3cQ8voF0_CZe57oGwZXR+Y9Se+9+EhCaMpA@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.2.02.1110131229060.11567@jaldhar-laptop> <alpine.DEB.2.02.1110170731330.2059@jaldhar-laptop> <CAD0GTaXez3dSnd0RPMfRzZBCy0UHEsCKUUECCR+V9tybdxCtTw@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.2.02.1110241121001.29948@jaldhar-laptop> <CAD0GTaV6xUosKKkc2QYkp3rTDfFkzBAxQ4fxQ+8277O6b6TEHQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAD0GTaXKmtkpfDg0tCAt3hPj9QXBccPuG9=Cy9RZAXKfU5p58w@mail.gmail.com> <CAD0GTaXt1eJSJ5CECQFUneTJnEgCcmR2MiOzquH0sNr-sj=pJA@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.2.02.1111061233020.28817@jaldhar-laptop> <CAD0GTaXLKHNQukRJqRUvJVEQ=OLtm_h0s8JXhYmtDkvvx+enEQ@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.2.02.1111081207310.16825@jaldhar-laptop> <CAD0GTaWRogoFpp-SQCBaO5mr=WF0hrrpK6Sf8sZMn9iBt=FTHw@mail.gmail.com> <CAKcBokuAtO5kzZCP0fmEKCkOrx5ce06PL=74bX7My3kVJxFnKA@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 04:49, Pau Garcia i Quiles <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I see what you mean, but my intent was to get flex-sdk into non-free orGiven that Adobe is donating Flex SDK to Apache, I'd expect all the
> contrib first. When that's finalized, we can undertake the (rather large)
> task of getting the SDK built from source, after which point it can be moved
> into main. In my opinion, there's no point in splitting it up right now,
> since none of it can currently be built from source.
> If, after the SDK is built from source, there are still small pieces of it
> that can't be built from source, then a flex-sdk-nonfree would make sense,
> in my opinion.
licensing and build issues to be cleared very soon
Sorry it took so long to respond. I just started a new job, and my time is a bit tighter now.
Well, now I _really_ don't see the point in investing a lot of effort in fighting the Adobe build system. So my opinion is that we should either put the flex-sdk package as is into non-free or contrib, or just wait until Apache reorganizes it into something friendlier.