Re: RFS: ranger_1.5.2-1 (new upstream release)

> I don't intend to sponsor this package, but here is a short review:

I really appreciate your patience and your support.

> Your package has an RC bug that needs to be fixed:

done.

  * Python tested with version 2.6, 2.7, 3.1, 3.2 (Closes: #643782)

> Your package has some changes that are not documented in debian/changelog.

fixed.

  * Updated download url in debian/copyright.
  * Updated Standard-version to 3.9.2.
  * Updated lintian overrides about script-not-executable.
  * Rewrite debian/rules instead of patching the Makefile.

> There is one other bug that you might want to look at and fix or
> forward upstream:

done.

  * There are no Recommends and Suggests, fixed. (Closes: #619748)

> python-support is deprecated, please switch to dh_python2:

done.

  `dh $@ --with python2 --buildsystem=python_distutils'

  ref@http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.python/6614
  ref@http://blog.copyninja.info/2011_02_01_archive.html

> Please add DEP-3 headers to your patch:

fixed.

  * There is no need to apply doc/ranger.1 patch.

> Why do you override dh_auto_test? None of the tests fail.

fixed.

> Please take a look at the debtags and screenshots and update them if needed:

done.

> Your lintian overrides claim that a few scripts are configuration
> files. In that case, why are they not in /etc?

The app support '--copy-config' option.

> The README file contains installation info, you might want to get
> upstream to split that out into README.install.

My english is poor. If this is necessary, should I make a patch to do this?

I have a new version:
 http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ranger/ranger_1.5.2-1.dsc

Cheers,
--
Vern
vim -c ":s(^(ZnQr8va1puvan.(|:s)\d\(\S\)) \U\1)g|:1 normal g??"