Re: RFS: dwm (Adapted package)

Hello Michael,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:
> Hm.  So I become curious and looked into its homepage --
> http://dwm.suckless.org/ .  And there, there's one interesting note:
>
>  Because dwm is customized through editing its source code, it’s
>  pointless to make binary packages of it.  This keeps its userbase
>  small and elitist.  No novices asking stupid questions.  There are
>  some distributions that provide binary packages though.
>
> Maybe there should be no binaries really? :)

Yes dwm is configured in config.h before compilation but things we can
configure are bare minimum like fonts terminal command and keyboard
shortcuts. Currently this package builds default config and one
alternative called dwm-web. When I asked previous maintainer what this
binary was for, he told its used here http://webconverger.org so I
left as it is.

We can provide different alternative dwm package with different
config.h file there has been discussion on this [1] [2]. But I think
after this I think first maintainer Orphaned this package.

Best Regards

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com