Re: debian/rules override_dh_auto_build-indep

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:25:27AM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2011-11-10 08:20, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >   I have been trying to split indep operations from the rest on the
> > activiz.net package, see:
> >
> > http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/activiz.net/trunk/debian/rules?view=markup
> >
> >   However the -indep rules are still being called on the buildd machine:
> >
> > Eg:
> >
> > http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=activiz.net&arch=s390x&ver=5.6.1-2&stamp=1320869304
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Am I missing something here ?
>
> This is one of the real issue behind the optional build-arch/build-indep
> targets; since they are optional dpkg-buildpackage/buildds do not use
> them.  Therefore, you cannot rely on them as a maintainer (yet).
[...]

Agreed with all Niels comments.  Your source package is fine; the issue
is that dpkg-buildpackage (run by sbuild on the buildds) calls:

debian/rules build
debian/rules binary-arch

when it should be running
debian/rules build-arch
debian/rules binary-arch

I wrote a patch to fix this some time back, and it was discussed by the
TC months ago.  I guess it needs chasing up to get it applied.  Once
that's done, it will Just Work.

Regards,
Roger

--