Re: RFS: flex-sdk-4.5

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, Joey Parrish wrote:

I see what you mean, but my intent was to get flex-sdk into non-free or
contrib first.  When that's finalized, we can undertake the (rather large)
task of getting the SDK built from source, after which point it can be moved
into main.  In my opinion, there's no point in splitting it up right now,
since none of it can currently be built from source.

If, after the SDK is built from source, there are still small pieces of it
that can't be built from source, then a flex-sdk-nonfree would make sense,
in my opinion.

As you know I have an ulterior motive in helping you with this :-) I need flex-sdk to build-depend on for yui. If it goes into non-free or contrib, yui would have to do the same. I imagin Pau Garcia i Quiles faces the same situation. So I would like to make getting flex-sdk into main a high priority. Lets take the time to do it right. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

I have pushed my changes to the git repository now. Please take a look (make sure you get all the branches) and make sure I haven't pruned too much.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>