Re: [RFH] libxmlezout : out of date on many archs

Le 08/11/2011 15:58, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl a écrit :
> Hi!

<snip>

> Ha, that's a tricky one.

Fixing it with your help will make me learn more about Debian internals,
thanks !

> First guess would have been:  Not yet build on
> all archs, however looking at [1] (also linked from the qa site) show's
> all archs (but hurd) are build successfully and in the archive.
>
> So look again at the qa page:  It says "out of date on i386:
> libxmlezout0, libxmlezout1-dev (from 1.06-2)".  It seems you recently
> droped these two packages.  They are still in wheezy and used there, so
> your package can't migrate without the old packages being removed.

> That's job of the ftp-team, and usually you don't have to care about
> that, as the ftp-team get's notified about this cruft, and tries to
> remove it.  See [2] for the current "Cruft report" which also mentiones
> your package.
>
> As said:  Normally the ftp-team does that for you, and you don't have to
> do anything special.  However, in this case the ftp-team could do
> anything about it.  When trying to remove your old package, one sees the
> following (AFAIK you could try that out on ries.debian.org, if you are
> an DD, if not "apt-cache rdepends" might help you):

 I'm not DD but DM.

> Checking reverse dependencies...
> # Broken Depends:
> liblog4ada: liblog4ada1-dev
> narval: libnarval-dbg [amd64 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386
> powerpc s390 sparc]
>         libnarval1-dev [amd64 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386
> powerpc s390 sparc]
>         libnarval1.10.1 [amd64 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386
> powerpc s390 sparc]
>         narval-generic-actors [amd64 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64
> kfreebsd-i386 powerpc s390 sparc]
>         narval-servers [amd64 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386
> powerpc s390 sparc]
>         narval-tests-actors [amd64 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64
> kfreebsd-i386 powerpc s390 sparc]
>
> # Broken Build-Depends:
> liblog4ada: libxmlezout1-dev
> narval: libxmlezout1-dev
>

> So, your package can't be removed, because that would break other
> packages.  Brolen Depends can usually be solved by requesting binary
> NMUs (binNMUs).  AFAIK that's easiest done with bug against the
> release.debian.org apckage.  Broken Build-Depends usually means that you
> have to tell the maintainers of these packages to fix their packages.
> Once they are uploaded, the old package may be removed, and may migrate
> to testing.  Also note that you don't have to request binNMUs, if the
> package needs a sourceful upload anyway.

liblog4ada is a package of mine, so if I upload it also, it should solve
part of the problem ? (I will have to fix narval, polyorb, also)

Thanks a lot for all your explanations, I'll go try fix this problem.
xavier