Re: Adopt an abandoned ITP?

Mathias Ertl <mati@fsinf.at> writes:

> On Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:37:17 PM Guido van Steen wrote:
>> You could also offer to co-maintain...
>
> I did offer to co-maintain. I will however give the author another week or two
> and try another email in a week or so.
>
> On Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:36:49 PM Arno Töll wrote:
>> However, given that there was no visible activity for the past 6 months
>> and the owner is still not responding (say, for a reasonable time frame
>> after you asked him - don't forget do send a copy to the bug report
>> itself), you may safely take over the ITP.
>
> The only activity is reclaiming the bug and changing it to ITP again.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts on that, in any case, so far!

There seems to be another little note hidden inside the retitle[1]:

,----
| # Argh, this just needs a little more work on my end.
| #
| # http://gitorious.org/pecl-http/pkg-debian
| #
| retitle 606117 ITP: php5-pecl-http -- Extended HTTP support for php5
| owner 606117 !
`----

 [1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=18;bug=606117

Though, the git repo mentioned there was last modified last december as
far as I see, so yup, it does look pretty much stale, and as others said
aswell: give him a week or two more, and then take over if you get no
response.

I would also Cc the bug in question, to give your intention (both the
co-maintaining help offer, and the possibility of adopting the ITP) a
little bit more visibility, and transparency.