Re: RFS: cxxtest - xUnit-like framework for C/C++ applications

Hi Michael,

Il 01/11/2011 20:18, Michael Tautschnig ha scritto:
> I've looked at your package and would be interested in sponsoring it's upload.
Great!
> - None of the source files contains license or copyright information. Yet even
>   the included COPYING file highly suggests that:
> [...]
> Do you think you could convince upstream to get that fixed really soon?
I can try. I'll write immediately to the authors.
> - Those packages:
>>  cxxtest-gui-qt4
>>  cxxtest-gui-x11
> seem to be almost empty, and I can't see why they actually ship a GUI - isn't it
> just a single header file each? (Plus suitable dependencies, of course, but
> adding them as Suggests to the main package doesn't feel too wrong.)
The headers contained in cxxtest-gui, cxxtest-gui-qt4 and cxxtest-gui-x11 can be used to
create GUIs for each test suite. Probably the appended "-gui" can be misleading because
users could suppose that they contain a GUI for cxxtest, but I couldn't find a better
name. Any suggestion?

I decided to create those packages because the contained headers require huge packages
(i.e. libqt-dev) but they are not necessary to create test-suites. I have used those
headers only during deb package creation to test them, but never actually used for
testing. So I supposed that allowing users to install them separately was better in order
to save space if they do not need to create a GUI.
> Besides that, a watch file would be nice. Just take a look at subversion's watch
> file to figure out how to handle tigris.org.
I didn't create the watch file because the link to the upstream source is strange:
http://cxxtest.tigris.org/files/documents/6421/43281/cxxtest-3.10.1.tar.gz and those
numbers could change with the new releases. In addition none of the URLs
- http://cxxtest.tigris.org/files/
- http://cxxtest.tigris.org/files/documents/
- http://cxxtest.tigris.org/files/documents/6421/
- http://cxxtest.tigris.org/files/documents/6421/43281/
are browsable and I couldn't create a watch file. I don't think a watch file with
"http://cxxtest.tigris.org/files/documents/\d+/\d+/cxxtest-([\d\.]+)\.tar\.gz" will work.
Am I wrong?

Thanks, bye
Simone