Re: Overriding .desktop file with localized version (QasMixer)

Am 01.11.2011 15:52, schrieb Andrew Starr-Bochicchio:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Teus Benschop <teusjannette@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 15:34 +0100, Sebastian H. wrote:
>>> 1. It allows to add new translations or update existing ones
>>> without having to change/revalidate the (fat) qasmixer package.
>>>
>>> 2. The l10n package can be used for all architectures.
>>> This should save some precious bytes on the package servers.
>>
>> It is possible to use this structure:
>> package qasmixer, depends on:
>> package qasmizer-data
>> The -data package may then contain all stuff that works on all
>> architectures, including all the localized strings in the .desktop file.
>
> Of course, you'll get the same lintian warning.

Yes, right, the warning would remain. :/

Here's the more details current upstream scenario.

qasmixer_X.Y.tar.bz2         <- Two number version
qasmixer-l10n_X.Y.Z.tar.bz2  <- Three number version

X and Y always match, but Z grows with every new l10n submit.

What I can do is to create either

1. two packages, qasmixer_X.Y and qasmixer-l10n_X.Y.Z
  - Has the lintian warning issue

2. one package qasmixer_X.Y.Z with both tarballs merged
  - Most package data would be duplicated with every l10n submit
  - Binary would be recompiled on every l10n submit

Which one should I pick? Other suggestions?

Regards,
Sebastian