Re: Overriding .desktop file with localized version (QasMixer)

>> In the progress of separating localizations for QasMixer into a separate
>> package qasmixer-l10n I've stumbled over the following linitan warning:
>>
>> W: qasmixer-l10n: desktop-command-not-in-package
>> usr/share/applications/qasmixer.desktop qasmixer
> [..]
>> qasmixer-l10n installs a new version of
>> /usr/share/applications/qasmixer.desktop
>> with additional localized strings and diverts the original file to
>> /usr/share/qasmixer/qasmixer.desktop.no_l10n
>
> Why?  Why not install the desktop file with the localized strings in
> with the proper package?

1. It allows to add new translations or update existing ones
without having to change/revalidate the (fat) qasmixer package.

2. The l10n package can be used for all architectures.
This should save some precious bytes on the package servers.

Well, that's it basically.

Regards,
Sebastian