Re: What version of debian to develop debian packages?

Paul Elliott wrote:

> What version of debian must you have to develop debian packages?
>
> mentors.debian.net complains about my standards version:
> 	W: libswe source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.9.1 (current is 3.9.2)
>
> But if I set this version 3.9.2 on the control file
> Then lintian on my local debian 6.0 system says:
> W: libswe source: newer-standards-version 3.9.2 (current is 3.9.1)
>
> Must I have some special version of debian to develop, or is there some
> trick?

Development is primarily done on unstable, but that can be, well,
unstable (at times).  You have a couple options.  If you want to stick
with squeeze, you could use the lintian 2.5.3 backport from
squeeze-backports [0], which is of course more up to date, or you could
take your chances with testing, which is surprisingly well-behaved, or
unstable if you're feeling adventurous.

Anyway, good luck!
Mike

[0] http://backports.debian.org