Re: RFS: conque
* harish badrinath <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 2011-09-08, 23:19:
To access further information about this package, please visit the
Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/conque/conque_2.3-1.dsc
I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
- You depend on vim-gtk. What if someone has already vim-gnome
installed? Their vim is perfectly capable to run conque, yet you force
them to install yet another package. It's even worse if someone has
vim-nox installed (again, perfectly capable of running conque), because
they wanted to stay away from all these X and GTK libraries. Previously
you wrote that "depending on vim-python gave a lintian error". I assume
that was virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends (though
that's a warning, not an error...). Did you read the tag description?
- Current standards version is 3.9.2 (BTW, it was correct previous
version of your package...).
- Is it important to mention in the description that conque allows you
to run "Powershell.exe on Windows"? I'd once again advise you to have
the description reviewed on email@example.com. They
don't bite. :)
- It has syntax errors (lintian 2.5.3 can now check that).
- "Nico Raffo Nico Raffo" - I think one "Nico Raffo" would be enough.
:) Also, you don't need to repeat the copyright statement in the License
- Please use "Expat" for short license name, not "MIT".
- "Repackaed" is a typo.
- This file is supposed to document changes since the last version in
Debian, not your struggles to get the package to the archive. :) For new
packages single changelog entry saying "Initial release (closes:
#NNNNNN)." is usually enough.
- The trailing space is still there:
$ head -n1 debian/control | sed -e 's/ /SPACE/g'
 Note there exist at least one sponsor who have a different view on