Re: RFS: conque

* harish badrinath <harishbadrinath@gmail.com>, 2011-09-08, 23:19:
To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/conque

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/conque/conque_2.3-1.dsc

debian/control:
- You depend on vim-gtk. What if someone has already vim-gnome installed? Their vim is perfectly capable to run conque, yet you force them to install yet another package. It's even worse if someone has vim-nox installed (again, perfectly capable of running conque), because they wanted to stay away from all these X and GTK libraries. Previously you wrote that "depending on vim-python gave a lintian error". I assume that was virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends (though that's a warning, not an error...). Did you read the tag description? - Current standards version is 3.9.2 (BTW, it was correct previous version of your package...). - Is it important to mention in the description that conque allows you to run "Powershell.exe on Windows"? I'd once again advise you to have the description reviewed on debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org. They don't bite. :)

debian/copyright:
- It has syntax errors (lintian 2.5.3 can now check that).
- "Nico Raffo Nico Raffo" - I think one "Nico Raffo" would be enough. :) Also, you don't need to repeat the copyright statement in the License field.
- Please use "Expat" for short license name, not "MIT".

debian/changelog:
- "Repackaed" is a typo.
- This file is supposed to document changes since the last version in Debian, not your struggles to get the package to the archive. :) For new packages single changelog entry saying "Initial release (closes: #NNNNNN)." is usually enough.[0]
- The trailing space is still there:
$ head -n1 debian/control | sed -e 's/ /SPACE/g'
Source:SPACEconqueSPACE

[0] Note there exist at least one sponsor who have a different view on that matter.

--
Jakub Wilk