Re: RFS: mirage

Hi Jakub, and sorry for the late reply...

The same bug that affects mirage has been already fixed: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=625760
So, I really think that it is my fault. Later I will ask in #debian-python for help.

Ciao,
Eugenio

2011/8/22 Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org>
* Eugenio 'g7' Paolantonio <me@medesimo.eu>, 2011-08-22, 18:37:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mirage/mirage_0.9.5.2-1.dsc

You binary package dependencies are wrong. (You really should pay attention to that when converting between helpers...) See Python Policy 3.3.1.

Did you mean 3.1.1?

Right, sorry.

I see that I should add something to the dependencies something like: python (< 2.7)
Am I right?

Please never hardcode Python version numbers in debian/control.
If the tool you are using is not doing the good job, you have the following choices:
1. Use another tool that works.
2. File a bug and patiently wait until it's fixed.
3. Find a work-around.

Why your override_dh_auto_build is empty?

Because of this:
http://wiki.debian.org/Python/Packaging#Example_2:_Python_application

Well, this is wrong. You should do as much as possible in the build* targets, leaving binary* targets only for stuff that needs (fake)root privileges. In this particular case building Python extensions definitely should be done in the build* targets.

--
Jakub Wilk