Re: RFS: gbkeeper

Regarding 4.13 Debian Policy Manual, convenience copy of code in Debian repos

I have statically linked and included libcdk5 (which is in debian), but the
library's widgets are/will be heavily modified by me in several ways for the
program, and I plan to modify it/them even further.

It would get ugly including a large part of the lib in my own code only to
modify it heavily and dynamically link the whole lib as well (with the
duplicate code).

The benefit is that the program starts a bit faster than with dynamic linking..
(and the resulting binary is still small).

It is more likely that I will create my own version of libcdk than dynamically
link with it as I have to modify it a bit (not everything can be changed by
the linking program yet as the lib is still in active development)

If I find out one version of the lib supports what I need I will dynamically
link it (but I fetched the newest version and read all manpages), keys i.e.
seems to be hardcoded for the widgets etc, and I need to fix wide char support
as well (isn't supported).

Also, as the policy says, it is allowed if the lib is intended for this
purpose (static linking) - and the libcdk I fetched built as a static library
by default (libcdk.a).

Hope it will get uploaded despite this.

-
Michael Ole Olsen