Re: RFS: dylandotnet

Hi,

Dylan Borg <borgdylan@hotmail.com> writes:
> The new package now with a -5 has been succesfuly uploaded to mentors
> complete with original source.

While I will not sponsor your package as I neither know nor care about
.Net, I did take a short look at it and noticed several problems:

 - The source for several files is missing from the package, at least
   one file seems to be copyright by Microsoft.  Shared libraries
   available in other packages should be used instead of bundling an
   embedded copy.
   In any case, all licenses and copyright holders need to be documented
   in debian/copyright.

 - I'm also not sure that the binaries will actually be built from
   source during the build process as, for example, the source files
   (*.dyl) include references to other source files using absolute
   paths.

 - The upstream tarball includes quite a lot of files that are generated
   by ./configure (such as Makefile, config.log and others).

 - Why does the package build-depend on devscripts? Why on
   autotools-dev?

 - You seem to misunderstand what debian/watch is used for.  It should
   look for new upstream releases and is unrelated to the package being
   in the Debian archive.  See uscan(1) for details.

Regards,
Ansgar