Re: RFS: i-news - GTK-based RSS Ticker

Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin <manutm007@gmail.com> writes:

> On 08/22/2011 12:49 PM, Gergely Nagy wrote:

>>> Yes but (IMHO) very long so not easy to remember nor to type.
>>
>> Since it's a GUI app, more often than not, it will be run from a menu,
>> where the binary's name doesn't matter. I do not believe it would be
>> typed more than once or twice.
>>
>> But even then, I'd suggest something other than i-news. Like "grssnews"
>> or somesuch. Or just drop "news" altogether and come up with something
>> creative like quite a few of the gnome stuff did (totem, cheese, etc).
>
> tickr ?

apt-cache search returns nothing, and sounds good to me anyway. I'm much
happier now, thanks! :]

And while I can't sponsor the package (not a DD myself, either), I had a
quick look at it (at least, on the latest version you posted here):

* In debian/copyright, the paragraph separator dots are unindented - I'm
not sure whether that's acceptable or not, but it looks a bit awkward.
* debian/changelog is executable for some reason (o.O)
* You don't need to list ChangeLog in debian/docs, dh_installchangelogs
will install it as the upstream changelog by default. But.. do you
really want to do that? Upstream ChangeLog is zero-length, and thus not
really useful at this time.
* And as someone already mentioned, there's common-install-indep:: in
debian/rules which I believe is a cdbs-ism, and does not have any effect
in the current packaging.

Pretty minor stuff, but thought I'll have a look and contribute
something else than nagging for a different package name O:)